Decision Maker: Development Control Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED: (1) That having regard to the above application, the applicant enters into a Section 106 Agreement to:
(i) Contribute a total sum of £25,266, paid on the commencement of development towards:-
• Bus stop improvements, including bus stop signs, markings, and bus shelter roofing upgrades - £6,600.
• Traffic Orders required in connection with the required pedestrian crossing on Ewenny Road - £8,000.
• Improvements to the Microprocessor Optimised Vehicle Actuation (MOVA) system on Ewenny Roundabout - £10,666.
(2) That the Corporate Director Communities be given delegated powers to issue a decision
notice granting conditional consent in respect of this proposal once the applicant has entered into the aforementioned Section 106 Agreement, subject to the Conditions contained in the report.
PROPOSAL: Indoor and outdoor tennis centre, outdoor swimming pool, landscaping, car parking, new access and Active Travel route, new car park and amenity area for the adjacent care home
Subject to the amendment of two of the Conditions in the report, as follows:-
13. Notwithstanding the submitted plans no development shall commence until a scheme for the provision of long stay and short stay cycle parking has been submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The cycle parking shall be implemented before the development is brought into beneficial use and retained for cycle parking purposes in
Reason: In the interests of promoting sustainable means of travel to/from the site.
24. All tournament tennis shall only be played on the external courts between 08.00 and 22.00 hours on any day.
Reason: To protect the amenities of the adjoining occupiers.
Publication date: 22/05/2023
Date of decision: 17/11/2022
Decided at meeting: 17/11/2022 - Development Control Committee