Venue: Remotely via Skype for Business
Contact: Democratic Services Section
Note: Please note: Due to the current restrictions on travel and the requirement for social distancing this meeting will not be held at its usual location. This will be a virtual meeting and Development Control Committee Members and Officers will be attending remotely. The meeting will be recorded for subsequent transmission via the Council’s internet site which will be available once the meeting has concluded. If you have any queries regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01656 643147 / 643148.
Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of personal and prejudicial interest (if any) from Members/Officers including those who are also Town and Community Councillors, in accordance with the provisions of the Members’ Code of Conduct adopted by Council from 1 September 2008. Members having such dual roles should declare a personal interest in respect of their membership of such Town/Community Council and a prejudicial interest if they have taken part in the consideration of an item at that Town/Community Council contained in the Officer’s Report below.
To receive for approval the minutes of the 27/02/2020
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of a meeting of the Development Control Committee dated 22 February 2020, be approved as a true and accurate record, subject to the amended Condition 3 of the consent approved in respect of planning application P/19/810/FUL detailed in Minute. 366, being noted as follows:-
3. The sales suite building hereby permitted shall operate on an appointment basis only and shall be open to customers between the following times:
Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays between 10:00 and 17:30;
Sundays and Bank Holidays between 10:00 and 16:30 only.
The sales suite shall not be open to customers at any time on Tuesdays
Reason: In the interests of residential amenities.
That the Chairperson accepts the Development Control Committee Amendment Sheet as an urgent item in accordance with Part 4 (paragraph 4) of the Council Procedure Rules, in order to allow for Committee to consider necessary modifications to the Committee Report, so as to take account of late representations and revisions that require to be accommodated.
RESOLVED: The Chairperson accepted the Development Control Committee Amendment Sheet as an urgent item in accordance with Part 4 (paragraph 4) of the Council Procedure Rules, in order to allow for the Committee to consider necessary modifications to the Committee report, so as to take account of late representations and revisions that are required to be accommodated.
RESOLVED: That the summary of Development Control Committee Guidance as detailed in the report of the Corporate Director - Communities be noted.
RESOLVED: That above planning application be approved, subject to the following:-
1) That the applicant enters into a Section 106 Agreement to provide financial contributions as follows:
- a sum of £8,000 to fund legal traffic orders;
- a sum of £60,000 (to be paid within 12 months from the date of consent) towards a feasibility assessment of an Active Travel route through the Llynfi Valley;
- a sum of £20,000 to fund gateway traffic calming measures at Coytrahen.
2) That the Group Manager – Planning and Development Services be given delegated powers to issue a decision notice granting consent in respect of this proposal once the applicant has entered into the aforementioned Section 106 Agreement, subject to the Conditions and any Notes, contained in his report amended as set out in the Amendment Sheet and detailed below.
Expansion of current operation including an extension for a new paper machine and stock preparation area, new converting and warehouse facilities and ancillary buildings.
Subject to the following, in terms of the Conditions to the Officer’s Report:-
Condition 8 is not required as the details were included with the application.
Further to the receipt of additional information from the applicant, Condition 14 should read:
14.Within 3 months of the date of this consent, an amended Description and Project Process Report shall be submitted to the Local Planning Authority to confirm that there is sufficient capacity within the existing Wastewater Treatment Plant to accept the increased levels of trade effluent and foul water flows. The report shall be approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority, in conjunction with Natural Resources Wales prior to the beneficial use of the development, including any necessary revisions to the Environmental Permit.
Condition 17 should include specific reference to Phases 2 and 3 of the development due to the location of coal mining features and can be amended as follows:
17. Following implementation and completion of the approved remediation scheme for phases 2 and 3, (required by condition 16 above) and prior to the first beneficial use of that part of the development, a verification report shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority to confirm completion of the remediation scheme in accordance with approved details.
Condition 18 can be revised as follows:
18.Prior to the implementation of each Phase of the development above foundation/slab level, a detailed scheme shall be submitted to and agreed with the Local Planning Authority to demonstrate that the sound insulation values used in the noise modelling predictions within section 4.3 of the Noise Environmental Impact Assessment 57100_0219_Noise Assessment for the following enclosures and buildings will be achieved:
• The Department B baler will be fully enclosed. The Department B baler enclosure shall provide a sound insulation value Rw of at least 40dB(A)
• All elements of the walls and roof of Department C shall provide sound insulation value Rw of at least 50dB(A)
• The walls and roof of Department F shall provide a sound ... view the full minutes text for item 375.
To consider any other item(s) of business in respect of which notice has been given in accordance with Part 4 (paragraph 4) of the Council Procedure Rules and which the person presiding at the meeting is of the opinion should by reason of special circumstances be transacted at the meeting as a matter of urgency.